Monday, January 31, 2011

An extra pair of gloves

I was watching Dr. Wayne Dyer yesterday on PBS. He's a big advocate of public television and helps with their stations' fundraising each year. Yesterday's program was "The Power of Intention." He spoke of connecting to Source Spirit and one of the ways he recommended to do this was by being kind and serving others. By being an instrument of Spirit/God/whatever-label-you-prefer, you bring blessings to others and in return, increase your own blessings and level of happiness.

Its incredibly cold in Denver today and is expected to plunge well below 0 tomorrow. Today, I had an opportunity to serve. I wont give too many details, because I believe that telling others about your good deeds takes away some of the power of the experience. But I've had an extra pair of gloves in the trunk of my car for at least the last 5 years, in the event of an emergency. I was able to give those gloves today to someone who needed them NOW much more than I might need them in the future, and how that opportunity presented itself was sheer serendipity, at least for me.

It made me so happy to be able to provide something at the exact moment someone truly needed that thing. Thank you, Spirit, for moving me to act and for allowing me to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment