Saturday, January 1, 2011

The first day of the rest of my life

Today's the first day of a new year. My only resolution this year is to post something on this blog on a daily basis. I saw a video online earlier of resolutions. Some guy said his resolution was to continue being awesome. I thought it was funny.

Today I'm thankful to be able to afford the heat that's keeping me warm. It's incredibly cold here today, with the expected high to be only 24 but the wind chill factor lowers that by about 15 degrees. Instead of bitching about how I should have put plastic insulation on the windows prior to this (its been a very mild winter until now) or crabbing about how much harder it is to keep the apartment warm when its this cold, I'm VERY grateful just to be warm. I know there are families right now in Denver that dont have enough heat or blankets or even coats. Lets all say a little prayer of thanks for being warm. And for gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment