Monday, January 10, 2011

Ken Follett is brilliant

One of my favorite books is "The Pillars of the Earth," by Ken Follett. This incredible epic was made into an 8 episode series. I just finished watching a marathon of all 8 episodes. Like the book, it was too good to put down.

I'm grateful for talented writers and storytellers like Mr. Follett, for their painstaking research, the history lessons they weave into captivating plots, and just their God-given ability to spin a good tale. "World Without End" is the sequel to Pillars and just as good a read as the first. I can only hope they'll make World into a series as well, and do as fine a job on film as was done with Pillars.

2 comments:

  1. marla

    hmmm, i've never heard of this but now i'm intrigued ... will have to make a visit to the library ... are the videos/DVDs available in a video store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the series is on DVD, but not sure if national video stores have them available. I would think so. The story is about the building of a cathedral in England in the 1100s and spans the lifetime of several different characters.

    ReplyDelete